Looking through cooking magazines, I run across lots of delicious looking recipes. I then try to make them Keto friendly. This holiday season, I wanted to try making really good fudge, but all of the smoothest looking recipes call for sweetened condensed milk. I looked it up online and, sure enough, you can order it. But, the ingredients looked so easy that I thought that I would give making it a try. Success!
The most important thing to remember is that you must be prepared to stand at the stove and stir for the entire time that it takes for the mixture to condense. In this case, about fifteen minutes. The larger batch that you make, the longer it will take to reduce.
Sugar Free Sweetened Condensed Milk
This recipe will yield about 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
– 1-1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
– 2 tbsp unsalted butter or Ghee
– 1/3 cup Swerve confectioners sugar
1. In a medium saucepan, add all ingredients
2. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring often to prevent scorching
3. Lower the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring continuously.
Store in an airtight container if not using immediately. It will harden up a little in the fridge. You can microwave it to bring any remaining milk back to liquid or use the slightly hardened mixture to make frosting or fat bombs. It’s delicious.