Nothing speaks “Fall!” to me like cooling temperatures, cozy sweaters and throws, color changing foliage, the smell of crackling fire places and hot drinks with PUMPKIN spice. Most often (I would say daily actually) pumpkin spice or just plain old cinnamon, chocolate and caramel or maple extract will be found in my giant mug of hot coffee. Oh! And, of course, heavy cream.
That title is pretty long, I know, but what can I say? This recipe is all that and more. More like, oh, I don’t know—just a PERFECTLY fantastic Keto desert. You know what is weird? Hey! Be nice now. Since I got off the sugar merry-go-round I do not crave it at all. However, I do still love a treat sweetened with a natural sweetener like Stevia.
This recipe has it all INCLUDING the chocolate. If you are looking for a no-bake, no-sugar, low carb cheesecake mousse that is perfect for fall, then read on to see how I’ve combined all of my favorite flavors into one creamy, delicious treat -perfect for Keto diets.
I just came up with this recipe this past week and it turned out pretty great if I may say so myself. This was the first time that I added protein powder to my little mousse cups, so I was not sure how it would affect the overall taste and consistency, but it is fine. If anything, it thickens the mousse up just a tiny bit so you can leave it off if you do not need any extra protein in your diet.
RECIPE note: Sugar free products sweetened with Stevia are becoming more and more available in my regular supermarket. Pancake syrup is one such product, but there are also recipes online for making your own syrup. If you are interested. I have a link for making a sugar-free simple syrup. Click on the link or watch the video above. To get a similar taste to the store-bought maple flavored pancake syrup, add a teaspoon maple extract to 1/3 cup of your homemade simple syrup.
Spiced Chocolate Coffee Latte- low carb, sugar-free
– 8 oz pkg cream cheese at room temp
– 1 tbs pumpkin spice
– 2 tbs Espresso powder
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/8 tsp salt
– 1/4 cup powdered cacao powder
– 1/2 cup powdered Swerve or sugar free, natural sweetener of your choice
– 1/3 cup Stevia sweetened pancake syrup (I get mine at Safeway)
– (Optional) 3/4 cup unflavored, sugar free protein powder.
– 1 cup heavy cream
1. Into a mixing bowl, add all ingredients except heavy cream. Use a hand mixer to blend on high until smooth and creamy.
2. Add heavy cream and continue blending on high speed until soft peaks form.
3. Spoon mixture into cups and chill in the refrigerator for at least half an hour.