I’ve never made frittatas before. Can I just tell you how EASY they are!? Especially since they are baked in muffin tins. I made twelve of these mini delights today (12 because that is the size of my muffin tin). After enjoying a yummy taste test, I let the frittatas cool down. Then I stuck the rest into a baggie and zipped them into the refrigerator so that I can have quick breakfasts all week long. That is my kind of cooking time return!
I won’t make you wade through a bunch of blah, blah, blah and ad after ad. Let’s get right on to the menu, shall we?
Mini Breakfast Frittatas
NOTE: I made these frittatas with spinach, Rotel tomatoes with jalapenos and bacon. Why? OK, so you probably don’t even have to ask by now. I use what I have on hand when I am cooking. You can add or substitue all kinds of ingredients to this dish, so be brave and experiment!
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- about 2 cups fresh baby spinach and 1 tsp Ghee or butter
- 1/4 cup Rotel tomatoes with jalapeno chilies (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (also optional- I did not have enough cheddar so that is why I used a mix of cheese)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees
PREPARE a 12 muffin pan with non-stick spray of your choice. (I like avocado spray because of it’s neutral taste and smell.)
1. In a small skillet greased with a little Ghee or butter, cook spinach over low heat just until wilted. Remove from pan and chop into small pieces.
2. Cook bacon and crumble into pieces.
Divide spinach, tomatoes and bacon evenly into each muffin cup
3. Crack all 8 eggs into a bowl. Add cream and salt and pepper. Whisk together until combined.
4.Divide egg mixture into each of the muffin cups.
5. Sprinkle cheeses evenly on top of egg mixture.
6. Bake at 350° for 19 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool a couple minutes and then serve warm.
You can make a large frittata in a cast iron skillet, but with the muffin tins, they are already proportioned out and ready to grab for those very busy days. Who am i kidding? They are great for the days when you oversleep and have to get to work FAST!