Uh-oh. I accidentally looked at Facebook’s Marketplace again. There it was! A large dollhouse for very little money. It was unfinished, but it was listed as having all of the parts to finish the build. What could I do? I HAD to buy it.
Poor Les. There goes another chunk of our living room real estate. Even so, he gracefully met me with his truck after work so that I could take this huge house home. It looks small in the pictures, but it measures 32″W x 27″D x 43″H . I even had to buy a little table to set it on. Luckily, our thrift store has fabulous prices on furniture so the table was only $5.99. Yeah, low prices are how I try to alleviate my guilt over spending. (grin)
I decided to prime the house with a coat of grey paint for the exterior and white for the interior. On my Victoria’s farmhouse, I painted as I went on the build. That was soooo much easier than having to reach into tight spots to paint this house.
One thing that I’m learning is to turn the house over to paint the ceilings and the parts that are hard to reach. Just keep flipping it to get to interior cubbies. Also, I wish that they had not already glued in the windows. Painting the trim is so much easier too without the plastic panes glued into place.
The other problem that I’m discovering during the paint process is that the original builder was not very careful with the angles and the lining up of joints. That part is a bummer, but I think that I can camouflage problem areas with trim. Ah well, live and learn. I’m glad to have this house, but I don’t think that I will ever buy an unfinished house again unless it is a kit that I am building myself from the ground up.
I need to post an update on the Victoria’s Farmhouse soon. It’s coming along nicely. The hold up is that I keep stopping to do little tutorials on accessories. It’s all too much fun. I’ll keep you posted on the build of this house too. In the meantime, I think that I may have developed a dollhouse hoarding problem. 😅