This the easiest and best no-fail crock pot chicken ever! I make it every week on my cooking day and then we eat it for lunches and dinners throughout the week to come. It’s excellent sliced, shredded or cubed. I use it in soups, salads, enchiladas, tacos and casseroles. Les likes to slice the chicken for his brown bag lunch sandwiches.
We don’t eat much meat because it is generally too expensive to buy, but when I find chicken breasts or fish on sale, you can bet that I will be stocking up and freezing it. This is an economical way to fix chicken breasts since you can get many, many delicious meals from one pot. An added bonus is that you don’t even have to defrost the chicken- just throw it in the pot and get busy doing something else. The chicken turns out great whether it is frozen or fresh. The steps are easy, simple and fast. Don’t blink- I’m gonna give you all of the directions right here, right now.
I use only boneless, skinless chicken breasts. But the directions are the same now matter if you use a whole chicken with skin or not.
- Wash your chicken and pat it dry. If frozen- skip this step.
- Pop your chicken into the crock pot.
- Pour 1/2 cup chicken stock all around the chicken.
- Drizzle the top of the chicken with olive oil.
- Liberally sprinkle with Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime seasoning (or any spice of your choice)
- I also liberally sprinkle with garlic powder. (Have I told you how much I LOVE garlic?)
- Cover and cook on high for four hours or on low for eight hours.
That’s it folks. Easy peezy.